What you may have missed between last night and this morning
1. Football – Premier League: Guardiola ended up finding inspiration
Umtiti, series stopped, 86%, City in danger: the set of the day
YESTERDAY AT 06:07
167 million for Fernandez and Badiashile: but where is Chelsea going?
2. Tennis – United Cup: Swept away, Swiatek ends in tears
Big sensation in Sydney. Iga Swiatek, world No.1, bowed heavily to Jessica Pegula in the first match of the semi-final between Poland and the United States. The Pole scored only four games against an American in a state of grace (6-2, 6-2), ending in tears after a meeting that lasted just over an hour. A surprising setback, two weeks before the Australian Open.
3. Basketball – NBA: Boston recovers, Markkanen excellent
The heavy defeat against OKC is already just a bad memory. The Boston Celtics reacted perfectly in the wake of Jayson Tatum (29 points, 14 rebounds, 10 assists) against the Dallas Mavericks of Luka Doncic, limited to 23 points (95-124). The individual performance of the evening is for the Finn Lauri Markkanen, author of 49 points during the victory of Utah in Houston (114-131). The Denver Nuggets made short work of the Los Angeles Clippers (122-91) while Memphis took over Orlando (115-123).
We have also selected for you
- Basketball – Euroleague : Monaco drank the cup on the floor of Partizan Belgrade (100-80) and missed the opportunity to take the lead in the standings.
- Tennis – ATP Adelaide : Sebastian Korda and Yoshihito Nishioka are the first qualified for the semi-finals. Daniil Medvedev faces Karen Khachanov and Novak Djokovic will play his quarter against Denis Shapovalov, live on Eurosport at 11am.
Two tie-breaks for a victory: how Djokovic got out of the Halys trap
- Football – Mercato : Dutch international defender Daley Blind, free since the end of his contract with Ajax Amsterdam, has signed up with Bayern Munich.
- Cycling : Colombian Movistar climber Ivan Sosa has been admitted to hospital after a truck driver hit him with the butt of a revolver during an altercation.
To see and read on Eurosport
Pokljuka | Sprint Gentlemen
Poulain on Penaud: “Announcing a departure can unconsciously influence the results on the ground”
Finally, double football ration to prepare well for the weekend. Can you imagine Zinedine Zidane at the head of the Seleçao? In any case, the legend of the Blues ticks a lot of boxes to revive an auriver team that came out of the quarter-finals of the last World Cup. Maxime Dupuis was able to verify that Zizou had a good rating in Brazil, this country that he martyred so much.
Without transition, we go from the Brazilian sun to the grayness of Newcastle. The Premier League’s new rich are having a remarkable season and are in the running for the Champions League. The results are there, but the way can be debated. For our consultant Philippe Auclair, the Magpies even remind Diego Simeone’s Atlético…
The question of the day: who will take responsibility at PSG?
Arsenal blocked, Christmas hoped for, Ronaldo and Pelé: the set of the day
01/04/2023 At 06:08
71 points, fear in the NFL and presentation of CR7: the set of the day
01/03/2023 At 06:09