This will seriously offend the Qatari owners of Paris Saint-Germain. Eager to buy the Parc des Princes from the town hall of Paris, Nasser Al-Khelaïfi and his superiors were cooled by the mayor of Paris Anne Hidalgo, who was very clear in an interview with Parisian broadcast on Saturday. The park “not for sale” and “will not be sold” to the champion of France, she assured. QSI has already threatened to leave the historic stadium of the Ile-de-France club if it is not sold to them, since it plans to carry out modernization and expansion work there to the tune of 500 million euros.
“It is a firm and definitive position. It is an exceptional heritage of Parisians”, added the elected socialist while her team said so far to be open to dialogue, even if the sale was not her “priority option”. The former PS presidential candidate did not mention the possibility of a departure from the club. “We must support PSG in its desire and need for renovation, increase in capacity, modernization of the Park”, even though “part of the stadium is on the ring road, so you can’t dig”, she says. Inaugurated first in 1897 then in 1972 with its new architecture, the former velodrome, whose capacity is now fixed at 48,000 places, has been home to the Parisian club since 1974. The current emphyteutic lease, which entered into force in 2014, short for thirty years.
Galtier confirms Sarabia’s imminent departure for Wolverhampton
3 HOURS AGO
At the end of November, the president of PSG Nasser Al-Khelaïfi had dug up the hatchet on this subject. “They are pressuring us to leave,” had dropped the Qatari leader in a vitriolic interview against the municipality, recalling having “invested 80 million euros” – before Euro 2016 – in a stadium that “is not ours”. The club did make a takeover offer, but “very low, very far from the estimate we had”, then said the sports assistant Pierre Rabadan. According to a source close to the Parisian club, the assessment carried out by the town planning services was “ten times higher than what we had as a price”.
Nasser Al-Khelaïfi does not rule out the sale of certain shares of PSG.
Credit: Getty Images
According to first deputy Emmanuel Grégoire quoted by Le Parisien, the amount offered by PSG was 40 million euros. “It’s cheaper than Paredes”, Argentinian midfielder “bought 50 million euros”, he had mocked, drawing the wrath of Mr. Al-Khelaïfi. Since 2011, the club of planetary stars Leo Messi, Kylian Mbappé and Neymar has won eight French championships and six French Cups, in particular. But he failed to conquer the Champions League, his main objective, failing in the final in 2020.
“By definitively closing the takeover discussions that began a very long time ago and by refusing our very significant investment to renovate the Park, the mayor is forcing PSG to leave her house and imposing a tax burden of several million euros on Parisian taxpayers” , reacted to the Parisian a spokesperson for the club of the capital. The media war is on.
Messi: what’s wrong with the Park?
YESTERDAY AT 22:07
No party? No problem, Messi still having fun
01/11/2023 At 11:02 PM